Testing out the super High Tech Braun SensoCare Styler!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

As many of my readers will know I'm totally obsessed with my hair! A good hair cut is the finishing touch to any ensemble.......and it's vital to know how to take care of it, and how best to style it inbetween visits to your hairdresser!


In my case I'd be totally lost without my straighteners!!! They are my "Desert Island" item, the one thing in life I truly cannot live without!! You see I was blessed with MASSIVE hair, full of volume, texture and waves, which is great if you have a normal sized head, but not so much with my petite face and petite frame! As when left untamed my hair can totally overwhelm my petite features! Therefore straighteners are my main weapon of choice when it comes to taming my wild hair, however with my constant usage (and with colouring my hair too) I do run the risk of causing further damage to my hair!

So what's the solution? Well it would seem that Braun have come up with the answer with their Braun Satin Hair 7 ST780 Styler feat. SensoCare and NanaGlide plates! These stylers/straighteners promise to offer ultimate heat protection, allowing the user to programme them to perfectly suit their hair type, while built in sensors in the plates detect moisture levels in each strand of hair, automatically adapting to the ideal temperature from root to tip! It also provides you with feedback after each stroke to let you know if you are gliding them too slowly or too quickly as well as assessing if the hair is dry enough to achieve optimum results!!


The Braun SensoCare Styler is the first of it's kind to employ SensoCare technology and through it's constant temperature adjustment it promises to create long lasting styling results without the risk of damage caused by heat! It's temperature will fluctuate between 120 - 200 degrees Celsius depending on your hair, while it's Cermanic panels are three times the smoothness of conventional panels!

It's the first time I've ever used such high tech stylers and I was excited to get the opportunity to try them out and see how all this technology would improve my hair care regime! I litterally never leave the house without freshly straightened hair after each wash, and as a girl who is always on the go, I hoped these straighteners would provide top results with minimal fuss!

My first impression upon opening the box was that they were not too light, or too heavy, but had enough weight to them that they felt like a well made device. The NanoGlide cermanic plates felt über sleek and smooth to the touch and the cable length, at 2 meters is more than long enough to stretch from my power point to my mirror! Overall first impression was definitely good!




When you use them for the first time they ask you to imput in your SensoCare parameters: Hair Length, Hair Thickness and whether your hair is coloured, which is all pretty straightforward, then once your profile is saved to the straighteners it takes approx. 30 seconds for them to heat up!


They recommend that they be used on totally dry hair for optimum results, (in fact the sensor will tell you if there is too much moisture in your hair when you use them) and so after I washed my hair with my usual shampoo and conditioner I then dried it thoroughly with my hair dryer.


As you can see my hair does get rather big and fluffy after being blowdried so I was looking forward to seeing how the straighteners would cope with my hair! (Just to make clear I used no after products, shine sprays, etc. in my hair so the results you see are solely from the Braun SensoCare Styler).

First thing I noticed was just how smoothly they glide through my hair, in fact the plates are soo smooth you don't even feel them running along your hair! It was very quick and easy to pick up a good technique (I was pleased to see that generally most of my strokes were at the right speed according to the easy to read digital read out) my only gripe being that the stylers are slightly thicker in width than my GHD's and for my petite hands it took a while to get used to holding a larger styler.

However what you're really wanting to know is what did I think of the finished result?? Well to say I was pleased is a massive understatement! They worked an absolute dream and all those pesky little fly away hairs us girls have.........totally gone! instead I was left with super smooth and silky hair! No sign of fly aways, and instead my hair was left super sleek and shiny!


Having used them for the past two weeks I would say the results achieved are consistent and long lasting, I don't feel the need to constantly re-straighten my hair unless I find myself caught in the rain or in an extremely humid environment, and my hair feels really soft and perfectly styled!


BEFORE & AFTER!!

For anyone who likes a well groomed, sleek finish to their hairstyles with minimum fuss the Braun SensoCare Styler is a fantastic choice! Having used GHD straighteners for years I can confirm the Braun straighteners are right up there with other premium brands, and at £89.99 are significantly cheaper than the likes of GHD, Cloud 9, etc! They are now a regular part of my hair care regime and they definitely get The Real Elle Woods seal of approval!


The Braun Satin Hair 7 ST780 Styler feat. SensoCare and NanaGlide plates are currently available at Amazon, click HERE to purchase.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. GORGEOUS! However, you're always gorgeous, Miss Louise!

    ReplyDelete