My love affair with Marc Jacobs Handbags!

Friday, August 22, 2014

We all have our wish list of favourite designers and from the first moment I laid eyes on the Marc Jacobs "Stam" hand bag it was love at first sight! Released at the height of the "IT" bag craze in 2005, the "Stam" hit all the right style notes for me: it's exquisite quilted leather that screamed quality, the chunky gold hardware, the tote style top handles meaning it could be perfectly carried in the crook of ones arm............for me it was THE perfect bag & I hoped someday I would be able to have one of my very own!!


Well fast forward a few years and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to have a Marc Jacobs handbag of my very own!!!! *squeal* but which to choose?? Would I opt for my beloved "Stam" or go for something different?? Well in the subsequent years since it's initial release, the "Stam" had appeared in a myriad of colours, leathers & material finishes and had graced the arms of a vast number of ladies, and while I do still love it I felt I wanted something different, a bag that had all the same design features I loved on the Stam, but sufficiently different to stand out from the crowd!

So what did I go for? Well they say that some things are just meant to be, and as soon as I spotted the light petrol colour this bag, I knew it was the one for me...........!!!

The Marc Jacobs "Lou" handbag in Light Petrol colour, calfskin patchwork quilted leather & gold hardware.

The stunning colour, the beautiful calfskin leather patchwork quilting, the same chunky hardware, oversized zip and chain detailing of the Stam......even though the shop in question had the "Stam" in stock I litterally couldn't take my eyes off this beautiful handbag!! I had never seen this particular design before and so asked the store manager the name of the design/handbag........well I nearly fell off my feet when he told me it was called the "Lou" bag!!! A bag with the same name as myself?? This bag was meant for me!! Hehe!




Since getting this stunning handbag a few years ago for my birthday I have used it countless times, had some lovely complements on it and I can honestly say it looks as good now as it did when I first spied it on the shop shelf!!!

Photographed with fellow Fashion Blogger Hannah Goodall in "IN!" magazine at the Victoria Square Style Soirée Catwalk Show!
(photograph by Kelvin Boyes PressEye)



My Starbucks Louise Americano with my "Lou" Handbag!

Attending the launch of Fashion Designer Una Rodden's "Usine" Collection!

Accessorising Marc Jacobs with Marc Jacobs! Hehe!
Picking up my Limited Edition Marc Jacob's Diet Coke bottles!

Subsequently I have added to my Marc Jacobs collection with a few jewellery accessories from his diffusion line "Marc by Marc Jacobs", however I am very pleased to be adding to my Marc Jacobs handbag collection on my birthday in September!! Can you guess which piece from his mainline collection has captured my heart?? All will be revealled at my birthday and I'm literally counting down the days until I get my hands on this beauty!!

Classic Marc by Marc Jacobs Ponys (worn as stacked bracelets).

Marc by Marc Jacobs Standard Supply ID leather bracelet worn with my Mulberry suede "Bayswater" cuff.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Louise, love the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed looking at them! :)

      Delete