Attending the VIP Launch Party of Argento's New Flagship Store!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014


What girl doesn't love a little sparkle in her life to brighten up the day?? Well anyone who is a regular reader will know I love my bling, and I'm always on the lookout for striking and unusual jewellery to elevate my ensemble's!

Jewellery store Argento first opened in 1997 and a year later I made my first trip instore with my mum to buy a piece of jewellery for my 18th Birthday! Owner Pete Boyle was a joy to shop with, not only could he tell me all about my new pendant, but he could even tell me it's history down to the very trade show he sourced it from!

Seventeen years later and few people walking past Argento’s new flagship store on Belfast’s Royal Avenue will know that the successful brand, which today has forty three stores across the UK and Ireland, started just footsteps away across the street, as a market stall. The successful entrepreneur now employs 386 staff and works with international brands such as Pandora, Nomination, Thomas Sabo and Michael Kors as well as retailing product designed in-house or sourced from suppliers right across the globe.



Over the years I've amassed quite a collection of jewellery from the brand, I'm totally addicted to their "Charmed" collection and in love with their new "InnerPower" range! I have also treated my wee mum to lots of gifts from there too!

So I was really excited when I heard the news that the Belfast City Centre store was to be completely transformed into their new look flagship store, and even more excited to discover I was invited to their VIP opening party!!

Speaking about the re-launch, Pete Boyle said: A large part of our company ethos is in the appreciation of design, and so I put a lot of focus on the interior design of the new look store. We’ve stripped walls back to bare brick and used reclaimed wood and steel beams which were painted in a unique Harland and Wolff yellow to give a subtle nod back to the city where the business started - as well as looking good against our grey. This is a truly unique shop-fit and there is not another one like it in Belfast.”

“We have plans in place to continue renovations of all existing Argento stores along with new stores in Scotland and England, so the company is looking forward to another exciting year in 2015.”
The new look store is edgy, spacious and modern, whilst retaining a welcoming and inviting mood, and I could see the store was buzzing as I arrived for the party!

It was seriously like being a kid in a candy store, statement necklaces adorned the walls while enticing glass counters contained all manner of sparkly things to catch my eye, I honestly didn't know where to start!

My favourite range: Argento's "Arabesque" collection!
  
Of course it wasn't long until I was sipping cocktails and catching up with friends, I even had the chance to meet founder Pete Boyle again and reminisce about the original store and discuss how the Argento brand has evolved over the years, as well as hear more about what to expect from this Autumn/Winter!

Cocktail time!

Posing for photos taken by the lovely Bremdan Gallagher!

Having a good catch up with model Alex Catherwood!
As for what I chose to wear to the event, I went for my favourite pair of statement jeans, my metallic pair from Karem Millen, paired with a new star jumper I received for my birthday! As for accessories, well I had to take the opportunity to show of some of my Argento pieces and my "InnerPower" carrier with the open star coin perfectly matched my jumper! To finish off the look I went for my favourite snake print tote and limited edition metallic cuff, both from Karen Millen!

Indigo Collection Star eyelash jumper by Marks & Spencer, "InnerPower" large rose gold crystal carrier pendant with ball chain and tricolour open star coin from Argento, Snake print stud box bag (GR139), Buckle cuff (ZQ014 - Ltd Edition not made available to purchase), & Metallic Jeans (PQ055) all from Karen Millen.

It was such a fun evening and I loved having the chance to see round the new look store, but best of all those lovely people at Argento actually let me choose a piece of jewellery to take home with me!! I was really tempted by their stunning "Dirty Ruby" statement necklaces but one piece stood out for me from their "Arabesque" collection, the Argento Rose Gold plated on stirling silver Arabesque Clover Necklace! (Click HERE to purchase). Not only was it beautifully crafted but it reminded me of the über expensive brand Van Cleef and Arpels who have made the clover design so popular amongst us bloggers! I hope my photos do the necklace justice as it's totally stunning and I've already lost count of the number of compliments I've received when I've worn it!
Argento Rose Gold Arabesque Clover Necklace.

Argento Rose Gold Arabesque Clover Necklace & the rest of the Argento "Arabesque" collection.

Again a massive thank you to Argento and to CMPR for throwing such a lovely party for us all, and if you have the chance to visit the store, definitely do you won't be disappointed!
A massive thanks to Christopher Wilson from CMPR for press release & all relevant imagery!

You Might Also Like

0 comments