Having Lots of Festive Fun at Lidl's pop up Christmas Market!

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

A Lidl bit of Christmas Magic!

Now that Halloween is over, it's the beginnings of my favourite time of year.......Christmas!!

Stylish woolen capes, roaring open fires, chestnuts roasting and mulled wine, there is something about Christmas that is truly magical and I for one can't wait to fully embrace all the sights, sounds smells and tastes of Christmas!

For myself and invited guests Christmas came early last week in Belfast as Lidl Northern Ireland welcomed us to a magical Christmas Market, transforming St. George’s Market into a winter wonderland! Decorated with festive delights, it was a magical sight to behold with all the Christmas trimmings: Santa in his sleigh, a 10ft Christmas tree and authentic market stalls full of Lidl’s Deluxe Christmas Range!




We were spoiled for choice as each stall provided us with a myriad of delights to try, from smoked trout and salmon, to a fabulous charcuterie board, delicious cheeses and even mini Christmas dinners! I had so much fun catching up with my friends over mulled wine and delicious festive food treats!





Myself with the incredibly talented designer Gráinne Maher!
(I'm in love with my new Karen Millen leather Biker Jacket!)

As for the market stalls, well we really were spoiled for choice and I was super impressed with both the quality and sheer range of Christmas food available from Lidl, all of which was utterly delicious! 


We also had the opportunity to watch Lidl’s Ambassador Chef Ian Orr cook up a storm on the night, showcasing his specially crafted recipes for Lidl which included Curried Parsnip and Honey Soup, (which I can testify was amazing!) Roast Breast of Duck with Honey Roast Carrots, Port and Onion Sauce and Chocolate Pots with Baked Clementines (which were a favourite on the night)!



As you all know I adore eating out and I was really impressed with Lidl's fabulous Christmas market, it was such a fun and novel way for them to showcase their latest food offerings and I think I speak for everyone when I say it really got us all into the festive spirit!

So make sure to head to a Lidl store near you and pick up some of Ian Orr’s recipe cards, available from mid-November so you can try your hand at creating his delicious dishes at home! As we left we were treated to fabulous goodie bags filled with Christmas treats, from mince pies to luxury Christmas pudding! We even got some foil covered chocolate money (who needs Cadbury's!) and I personally can't wait to head 
to Lidl to stock up on some of their delicious mulled wine!

For more information on Lidl Northern Ireland head to the website www.lidl-ni.co.uk, follow them on Twitter @lidl_ni and like them on Facebook.com/lidlni
 


A massive thank you to Megan Taylor at Smarts Communicate for the kind invitation to attend! Professional photographs by Darren Kidd/PressEye. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments