What I'm Wearing: Outfit Post from West Coast Cooler BelfastFASHIONWEEK SS'15 Press Launch!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015



Ok I'm going to be totally honest, when it comes to choosing what to wear I'm like a little girl playing dress up! Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to go to my closet each morning to style my ensembles together! For me my clothes are a way of expressing myself, reflecting my moods and personality, everyday I'm excited at what I'm going to wear for the day and I honestly don't think that will ever change!

However best of all has to be when it comes to choosing what to wear to fashion events as it's an opportunity to push the boundaries a little! Afterall no one at FASHIONWEEK will bat an eyelid as I sashay past in over the knee socks, super short tweed shorts, cape and a trilby, or a neon leopard print skort suit! So when I received my invite for the SS'15 Press Launch Event for West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK I couldn't wait to pick out my emsemble!

I knew I wanted to wear something that reflected my chic personal style, but also would incorporate the upcoming SS15 trends, however as I perused my closet there was nothing that caught my eye! (You know the situation, a closet full of clothes and still nothing to wear!)

So off I went to my favourite shopping location Victoria Square for some serious fashion inspiration! Well what can I say, I was drawn immediately to the vibrant colours and body con dresses in the windows of Ted Baker and just as I walked through their doors I spotted the "NAIAS" Jungle orchid print dress! With it's 70's inspired colours and psychedelic floral print it was totally on trend for the upcoming season plus the cut of the dress was super tight and tiny, perfect for my petite frame! As soon as I tried it on it felt like it had been made to measure for my body and I knew immediately it was perfect for the FASHIONWEEK Press Launch! Plus it's always a plus if your mind's racing in the changing room with all the pieces you know you've got that will go perfectly with it!

My full ensemble at the FASHIONWEEK SS'15 Press Launch!
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

We may have been in the midst of a cold spell in Belfast, but thankfully on the morning of the launch the sun was shinning so I just had to rock my Fendi sunglasses, with their golden mirrored lenses they went perfectly with my dress! I carried on the gold/yellow theme with my all time favourite statement necklace, the "Ruth" necklace from The Secret Closet, finished off with my yellow Hermès "H" Clic Clac bracelet!

"Ruth" necklace from The Secret Closet & my yellow Hermès "H" Clic Clac bracelet.


Bag wise I wanted to tie it in with my dress without it looking too matchy matchy so I opted for my stunning saffiano leather tote handbag from Italian label Furla! It's vibrant orange hue worked perfectly with the various colours in my dress and I finished off the look with one of my all time fav sandals, my "Cheyne" peep toes from L.K. Bennett! Rich red leather and suede contrasted with a ponyskin leopard print these shoes aren't afraid to be noticed, and rival in my humble opinion any of the shoes designed by many of the well known high end shoe designers!

L.K. Bennett leather and pony skin "Cheyne" peep toe sandals.

Ted Baker "NAIAS" Jungle orchid print dress, Fendi mirrored sunglasses, "Ruth" Necklace from The Secret Closet, Furla saffiano leather tote in Vitamina Orange, Hermès "H" Clic Clac bracelet (PM size) & L.K. Bennett leather and pony skin "Cheyne" peep toe sandals.
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

The Press Launch was such a fun morning and after spending most of January wrapped up in lots of layers it was so refreshing to be embracing Spring Summer '15 with my ensemble and rocking the SS'15 trends with my fellow fashionista's and members of the press!

Seriously loving this yellow suit from Next that FASHIONWEEK Director Cathy Martin is wearing! She always looks so super chic!

Catching up with fellow fashion blogger Donna McCabe who is wearing a stunning dress from her sister Nor Lisa's SS'15 Collection showing at FASHIONWEEK this March!

For all the FASHIONWEEK gossip from the launch, including the full show schedule and a sneek peek at the SS'15 trend catwalk show click HERE for my blog post!


A massive thank you to Cathy Martin and the CMPR team for their kind invitation to attend the launch and I shall see you all at the shows in March! (Is it bad that I'm already planning my outfits for FASHIONWEEK in March?) hehe!

You Might Also Like

0 comments