Taking a Step Through Alice's Looking Glass into Wonderland........

Friday, July 01, 2016


"In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by…………"
Alice Through The Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll.


Welcome to a Wonderland of delight, absurdity and craziness, as we enter the magical world of Wonderland and discover a world full of colour and enchantment!


In homage to Alice and the zany world of Wonderland I embraced my quirky side and styled together an outfit inspired by the kooky style of Alice, the Mad Hatter and the Red Queen of Hearts to create a fun, yet wearable ensemble!


My favourite shopping destination, Victoria Square transformed their stylish walkways into a magical Wonderland (although if I am honest with it’s fantastic array of stores it’s always been my “Wonderland!”) which inspired this magical photo shoot!

The key to creating this look is to keep it simple, to avoid veering into theatrical costume add subtle zany nods to keep the look wearable!

My mini top hat creates a playful nod to the Mad Hatter, while the monochrome houndstooth checked feel of my jacket is a subtle reference to the Wonderland checkerboard!



The red and black lace corset and elaborate jet necklace channel my inner “Red Queen”, while my leather patch leggings and sexy peep toe boots help maintain a modern, edgy feel to the look, steering it away from anything too cliched or costume like!

I hope you enjoy taking a step through my “Wonderland” as much as I enjoyed creating it!!







Photography by Adrian Quinn Photography.

You Might Also Like

1 comments