Style Diaries: FASHIONWEEK Vibes, Feeling Blue!

Monday, January 16, 2017



Hey lovelies, hard to believe that it is 2017 already! I don't know where the past 12 months have gone, but I’m really looking forward to all the possibilities that lie in store for 2017 and embracing the new looks and trends for the upcoming year! 

With a New Year comes with it a new collection of exciting fashion trends, and I thought I would share with you one all one of my current favourites…….colour blocking! Not for the faint hearted this trend can manifest itself in two ways, either by colour blocking contrasting colours or you can do as I have done and wear one colour top to toe!

This look is perfect for someone like me who loves attention to detail as it's all about creating a seamless look, from the coat and dress, to my arm candy and even my nail polish, everything is co-ordinated to within an inch of it's life! It can be a hard look to pull off, but I love how glamorous and sophisticated the overall look is!



I debuted this look at West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK, as I knew it would be an ensemble that would certainly turn heads, and was a perfect transitional look from AW16 to SS17!

Attending Day 2 of West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK.
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.
Karen Millen can always be relied upon to produce perfectly co-ordinating pieces and even though this coat is 5 years older than the dress they really are a perfect match for each other! The luxe feel of the satin Mac coat gives the look a polished feel while the contrasting texture of the knit dress is a welcome juxtaposition to the silky satin!



Of course no look of mine would be complete without a little arm candy, and I carried through the blue theme with my AURIOL blue metallic watch and my favourite Aspinal of London “Marleybone” buckle bracelet.



Handbag and shoe wise I opted for a contrasting hue of blue in the form of my Karen Millen ostrich bag and my beloved Christian Louboutin “Amazoulo” sandals both of which are total showstoppers!


A flash of red courtesy of my fabulous Loubies has to be THE perfect way to finish of any stylish look, and these amazing Christian Louboutin “Amazoulo” sandals are simply stunning! From the soft luxurious suede to their electric blue colour I just couldn't resist them when I spied them at Harper Boutique! The “Amazoulo” style from Christian Louboutin has been worn by many celebrities such as Khloé Kardashian, Nicki Minaj and Rochelle Humes and I can totally understand why they have such a loyal celebrity following!


Karen Millen blue satin Mac (CF001), Karen Millen snake texture knit dress (KQ136), Karen Millen small ostrich bag (GJ174), AURIOL blue metallic watch, Aspinal of London “Marlybone” silver buckle bracelet in smooth colbalt blue, Christian Louboutin “Amazoulo” 100 sandals in Electric blue.
I hope you have enjoyed checking out my all blue look and that this outfit will have inspired you to take the plunge into the colour blocking trend!


Photography by Adrian Quinn Photography, West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK photo by Brendan Gallagher Photography.

You Might Also Like

0 comments