Style Diaries: Lavish Lace at West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK Press Launch!

Monday, September 04, 2017



There is just something about the buzz of FASHIONWEEK that is so intoxicating……….. the excitement of a new season of trends and styles to discover, the excitement and adrenaline of the catwalk shows, and catching up with my fashion friends really makes it my favourite time of year!

Twice a year I eagerly await the launch of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK as it marks the beginning of what I affectionately call “crazy season”! Filled with new launches, openings and catwalk shows jam packed with new and exciting fashion and products, it’s always so much fun and in many ways re-energising as you cannot help but be fashionably inspired by all the new trends and products!


When it comes to my own personal style I'm someone who believes strongly that fashion trends are there to inspire and shouldn't be slavishly followed, and so when it came to choosing my look for the press launch of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK at Bullitt Hotel I went for a classily chic ensemble in keeping with my personal style.

There is nothing I love more than a perfectly co-ordinated ensemble, not only do I have so much fun sourcing and styling the pieces together but I love the overall polished, glamorous and sophisticated look it creates. This time I based my outfit round a fabulous dress I found in an independent boutique called Ora Ora in Belfast! As soon as I spotted this super chic lace dress by label Pretty Lavish it was truly love at first sight! However this love story wasn't without it’s challenges as Ora Ora had sold out of my size!!! However the team there are amazing and they were able to source me a size 6 from the suppliers in no time and so I was united with my dream dress!




I just loved the intricate lace detailing and delicate frilled sleeves, feminine yet sophisticated it achieved the perfect balance between girly youthfulness and grown up glamour. The back was equally as beautiful, with a sexy cut out design giving the dress a daring edge!


Accessories wise I opted to go with one of my favourite labels, Karen Millen! I’m lucky enough to have quite a collection of KM in my wardrobe from over the years and I knew as soon as I bought the dress I already had a pair of satin sandals and matching clutch in my wardrobe that would be a perfect match to the dress! As it was such a gloriously sunny day at the launch I opted to wear a pair of statement sunglasses (in mirrored electric blue of course!) and finished off the look with some serious bling in the form of my beloved Cartier LOVE bracelet and matching LOVE ring!





Lace long sleeved backless dress, Pretty Lavish from Ora Ora Fashion; Structured elegant satin sandal Karen Millen (FK089); Structured elegant satin clutch (GK157) Karen Millen), Cartier LOVE bracelet; Cartier LOVE ring.
It was so much fun getting all glammed up for the launch and I loved having the opportunity to catch up with my fashion friends and hear all about the upcoming schedule for FASHIONWEEK this October! Make sure to watch out for my upcoming full catwalk report from the launch on the blog, as well as all the insider goss on what you can expect and the full show schedule! for more information on FASHIONWEEK and on how to purchase tickets please check out www.belfastfashionweek.com.

A massive thank you once again to the #BossLady herself, Cathy Martin for inviting me along to the launch I cannot wait for the shows in October! #FASHIONWEEKcountdown


You Might Also Like

0 comments