A 5th Birthday Celebration with Karen Millen at House of Fraser, Victoria Square!!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Myself with the lovely Natalie, Karen Millen's HoF Concession Manager during their 5th Birthday Celebrations!

The scene:
Belfast FASHIONWEEK: Autumn/Winter 2007, Location: Baby Grand......The Show? The House of Fraser Preview Show!!! Ever since the announcement of the Victoria Square Complex and House of Fraser coming to Belfast, I was counting the days until it's opening, and sitting FROW at that FASHIONWEEK HoF preview only helped to fan the flames of excitement as I patiently waited for its opening in March 2008!

Within the four walls of House of Fraser I would have access to some of the best names in High Street and Designer fashion currently available and when I was lucky enough to attend a preview opening of House of Fraser that following March, two days before it's official opening to the public, I was in my element!!!

One of the first items I purchased from HoF was from their Karen Millen Concession and is probably the nicest suit I've ever owned! A black suit cut to perfection, that black jacket (JE007) and high waisted pencil skirt (SE025) showed off my every curve, oh so chic and uber sexy, it still hangs in my wardrobe today!!

Fast forward five years and the lovely girls at Karen Millen were kind enough to invite me down to the Karen Millen Concession to help celebrate their fifth Birthday in style!!


Natalie the Concession Manager, and her KM girls had done a fabulous job in creating a party atmosphere, a fabulous giant 5 silver balloon greeted customers, acting as a focal point for celebrations within the Womenswear department. Happy Birthday banners adorned the Concession's shelves, while Happy Birthday balloons were a fun and quirky touch peaking out of their covetable handbags!! 




Upon arrival I was treated to a glass of bubbly along with lots of sweet and tasty nibbles, whilst I chatted away to Natalie about my favourite pieces from their current Spring Summer Collection! I was wearing my most recent purchase from Karen Millen, the snake texture print dress (KQ136) which I had bought a few days earlier at my VIP day of shopping at Karen Millen's flagship store in Grafton Street, Dublin!


Karen Millen HoF Manager, Natalie and myself wearing the Snake texture print dress (KQ136).

There was a great sense of fun and excitement as customers gathered round the Concession, taking photos and enjoying the celebratory atmosphere, while customers could also enjoy complimentary makeovers from Sisley!



If you decided to indulge in a little retail therapy on the day, customers were given THE most amazing goodie bags!!! If you read my earlier post, "A girl needs some serious "Arm Candy" in her life" you may remember me lusting after the Karen Millen leather Buckle Cuffs! Well the goodie bags contained a special limited edition version of this cuff not available on the KM website in a stunning gunmetal grained leather!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the black velvet pouch and saw it!! Karen Millen you really were spoiling us!!



It was hard to believe that five years had past since the Concession had opened, and I for one can't imagine House of Fraser without my favourite brand there to tempt me to shop until I drop! If you're ever to visit House of Fraser in Victoria Square, Belfast please make sure to pop in to the Karen Millen Concession, you won't be disappointed!! I wish them a very Happy Birthday and look forward to shopping with them for many years to come!!




All photographs my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments