What I Wore: West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK SS'13!

Monday, April 01, 2013

The snow may have been falling and the temperatures at sub zero, but behind the walls of the iconic Ulster Museum, Spring Summer was in full swing as fashionistas came together to celebrate the best in SS'13 trends at West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK!!


Photographs by Brendan Gallagher.

As much as I love seeing all the latest trends on the catwalk, I also love to see what my fellow guests are wearing to the shows and how they've interpreted this seasons hottest looks!!

It is with this in mind that I thought I'd bring to you my own personal "FASHIONWEEK Diary" of what I wore at all the shows!!

I was lucky enough to be attending the opening show at FASHIONWEEK and I thought it would be fun to begin proceedings with a fun trend, stripes! This is a trend which has been around for a few years, appearing once again in the collections of Dior and Dolce & Gabbana and I especially love it when it's combined with my favourite type of dress, bandage bodycon! As neon brights were also strong for this season I opted for one of my all time favourite designs from my favourite label, Karen Millen!!

Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

A stunning top with a draped cowl style jersey neckline, and bodycon bandage stripes from the bust line downwards, this top & matching skirt clings in all the right places showing off the figure to perfection! In sunshine colour hues of yellow, lime green, olive and white, it also worked well with my pale complexion! I accessorised it with my white tassel bag from Karen Millen, reminiscent of the Gucci "Indy" bag, I love it's relaxed shape and fantastic tassel detailing, a real piece of "arm candy"! 

Jewellery wise I kept it simple with a buckle cuff (an extremely special cuff as this gunmetal grained leather version was never made available for purchase) again from Karen Millen, and finished off the look with my favourite nude sandals from Kurt Geiger!
To keep out the chill I opted for my Woolly tweed jacket, also from Karen Millen, which is vast becoming a wardrobe staple, honestly it seems to work with almost any outfit!

Day 1 of FASHIONWEEK: Colour block jersey top (KL208), Panelled body con skirt (KL180), Tassel white mini bag (GL222)) Buckle cuff (ZQ014 - Ltd Edition not available to purchase) all from Karen Millen. Kurt Geiger "Hero" nude sandals.
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

Myself wearing the Woolly tweed jacket (JP017) from Karen Millen with the fabulous Frances Burscough & Gemma-Louise Bond enjoying a refreshing glass of West Coast Cooler!
Photograph by Jeff from Belfast Times.

Fun on the FROW with the Design Team at George at Asda who opened this season's FASHIONWEEK!
Photograph by Glen McAuley.

Photograph by Glen McAuley.

Day 2 of FASHIONWEEK was the turn of the Designer Boutiques and Local Designers to show off their latest designs on the catwalk and I wanted a look that screamed spring had arrived!!! The only problem was that spring hadn't arrived, instead we were faced with snow blizzards, and knee deep snow!!
But since when did the weather ever dictate what I choose to wear? Instead I donned my leopard wellies & winter coat to travel, whilst underneath I had the cutest summer dress and my skyscraper heels in a bag to change into!! Once inside FASHIONWEEK, my transformation took place, and I appeared in my sumer floral dress!!

Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

Floral was a key trend which was featured heavily at the FASHIONWEEK SS'13 Media Launch I attended in January, and so I went for a fun and flirty floral skater style dress from the TopShop Petite range!! It's eye catching floral print in neon hues screamed summer to me and was such a welcome contrast to the winter conditions outside!! I decided to bring out the green hues in the dress with my Karen Millen snake print envelope clutch, and embraced the metallic trend with my green snakeskin platform sandals from Dune! While my Balenciaga giant gold cuff in colour Rosé Corail created a nice edgy counterpoint to the girly feel of the dress!

Myself on Day 2 of FASHIONWEEK with fellow fashionista Gina Potter!
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

Jewellery wise I was privileged to wear a magnificent bespoke necklace by Rebro Jewellery!! Showing that night at FASHIONWEEK, Bronagh, a good friend of mine and the genius behind Rebro, very kindly let me wear this stunning necklace! Designed exclusively for a catwalk show I had attended a few months earlier, it had been love at first sight when I first laid eyes on it and I couldn't believe I was actually wearing it! A two-tone choker style piece, with multi strands of gold and silver creating a statement layered look, it was the perfect finishing touch to my ensemble!!

Day 2 of FASHIONWEEK: Neon floral skater style dress by Topshop Petite, Bespoke catwalk inspired statement necklace by Rebro Jewellery, Karen Millen Snake print envelope clutch (GM208),  Balenciaga giant gold cuff in colour Rose Corail lambskin leather. Metallic green snakeskin "Gable D" platform sandals from Dune.
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

It's always such good fun attending the shows at FASHIONWEEK, checking out the latest trends and catching up with all my friends, I hope you've all enjoyed taking a peek at what I wore to THE most stylish week in Belfast's social calendar!!


Massive thanks to Glen McAuley, Jeff from Belfast Times, CMPR and Brendan Gallagher for the use of their photographs.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Stunning colours. Love your blog. Welcome to FABB. Following you now. xx

    Caroline x

    http://www.thereddutchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, really glad you loved the colours, despite the awful weather I though I'd still try & wear my spring outfits! So pleased to be a FABB girl, following your blog now too & looking forward to reading your posts!

      Louise xx

      Delete