Totally Lush Leather Cuffs from Argento's August Woods Collection!

Tuesday, September 03, 2013


I love my leather cuffs!! A celebrity trend that has been round for a while I've always had a major style crush on good quality leather cuffs! Whether you choose to layer them up, or opt for one larger piece, they can be dressed up or down depending on your mood! Many of the designers are well known for producing luxurious leather and suede cuffs and I am lucky enough to own versions from Balenciaga, Mulberry and Karen Millen, however I have found it nearly impossible to find good quality versions on the High Street at affordable prices.......!!

Well no more as the fabulous Argento are exclusively stocking their new range, "Autumn Woods"!! These cuffs are all about high voltage, high impact, creating a strong look, whilst retaining a luxurious feel to your ensemble! So far the range is limited to three styles, in three colous, black, tan and white:

  • The Lock Cuff: a heavy-weight piece sure to bring drama to any outfit.
  • The Link Cuff: This equestrian-inspired piece is casual yet sophisticated.
  • The Demi Cuff: half leather, half bangle; all fabulous.

But the best part is the price, starting from a mere £25, there is no excuse not to add some of these luscious arm candy to your jewellery collection! I couldn't wait to head instore to try the range on! Seeing them in the flesh I wasn't disappointed, each cuff is beautifully made with good quality leather, leather lined and with a lovely weight to them, making you feel as if you are wearing something far more expensive!

My only criticism is that they only come in one size (19cms)! As unlike my Balenciaga cuff, there is no way to adjust the size of the cuff, and unlike my Mulberry "Basywater" cuff they don't offer it in Small, Medium or Large sizes (however Argento have said they will hopefully be offering different sizes in future collections). With such a petite wrist the question was would any of them fit me........??

Well I felt a little like Goldilocks, first trying on the "Demi" cuff, which I'm sad to say fell straight off......a similar thing happened with the "Link" too, however I struck gold with the "Lock" style!!! Even though all their styles were the same 19cm size, the "Lock" cuff comes up small due to it being all leather, making the inner circumference of the cuff a few cm's smaller, and just small enough that it doesn't fall off! While I would perfer it a little smaller, I was over the moon that it just fitted and I snapped it up straight away!!

I opted for the gorgeous tan leather version, as I knew it would work so well with so much of my Autumn/Winter wardrobe (plus the tan colour looks so expensive and luxurious!!). Since purchasing it I've worn it loads, I just love how it looks so chic with my dressy items, but equally will look fabulous with a pair of skinny jeans, for a rock chick look!!






I've been wearing it constantly since I bought it but my favourite look has been when I paired it with my red snake print dress (DP090) from Karen Millen and my ostrich leather handbag from Jasper Conran at the Make Up Boudoir's annual Graduation Fashion Show at Cafe Vaudeville!!


Wearing my Red snake print dress (DP090) from Karen Millen with my August Woods "Lock" cuff from Argento! Photograph by Rodney Simpson taken at The Make Up Boudoir Graduation Fashion Show in Cafe Vaudeville.

So why not check out the range HERE and add some seriously covetable arm candy to your jewellery collection!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments