Attending The VIP Launch Party of The Malt Room!

Monday, December 02, 2013


Malt Room Bar & Restaurant opened in Belfast on 15th November to hoards of foodies who turned out in force to enjoy a taster of what the new restaurant has in store. Malt Room is the brainchild of businessman Lord Rana and top Northern Ireland chef Raymond McArdle, who have teamed together to start the revival of the city's Golden Mile. Pictured (L-R) General Manager Liam Whiteway, Raymond McArdle and head chef David Mageean.

I was recently invited to the VIP launch party of new Belfast restaurant, Malt Room Bar & Restaurant, and as someone who adores eating out I couldn't wait to see what lay in store for us "foodies"! Businessman Lord Rana along with Northern Ireland chef Raymond McArdle have joined forces to bring us Malt Room Bar & Restaurant and if the launch party was anything to go by it's going to be a roaring success! Headed up by head chef David Mageean and general manager Liam Whiteway, we were treated to lots of bubbly and a dazzlingly array of delicious canapés and mouth watering mini desserts!!

The 85-seater fine dining restaurant, which was designed by interior stylist Adrian Bailie, has a very avant-garde feel, with light grey colours throughout along with a cool and crisp twist, and while they have retained many of the interior's original features, it's a far cry from the dark wood finish of it's previous incarnation!

Photograph of myself taken in the restaurant's previous incarnation wearing Karen Millen!
(Feb 2012, Photograph by Norm Keilty).

At the party I got to catch up with lots of friends, including textile designer Jude Cassidy, presenter Lucy Allen and team Belfast Times!! As many of my followers on Facebook and Twitter will know I have my own regular "Style Watch" feature on Belfast Times, and it was great fun to catch up with Jeff and Keith while we checked out the restaurant's fabulous new decor! (Click to view my Style Watch from Malt Room opening HERE).

Myself with Team Belfast Times! Keith Mitchell & Jeff Merideth.
(Photograph by Brendan Gallagher).

As for what I was wearing, I opted once again for my favourite label, Karen Millen!! In keeping with the opulence of the restaurant's decor I went for a luxurious deep purple velvet draped mini dress with silk panelling at the shoulders with Art Deco detailing on the back!

At the recent opening party of The Malt Room Bar & Restaurant!
(Photograph by Brendan Gallagher).

Karen Millen purple draped velvet mini dress (DM182).

I then added a metallic edge to the outfit with my metallic snakeskin "Gable D" platform peep toe sandals from Dune and accessorised with this season's hottest jewellery trend, rose gold! My "InnerPower" pendent has interchangeable "coins" (sold separately) which can be changed round to suit any outfit! Last but by no means least I finished the look off with my current style crush: my Karen Millen snakeprint studded tote!! Since getting this handbag I've been using it constantly and have lost count of the number of compliment's I've received, so luxurious and expensive looking it's definitely my favourite bag of the season!!

Draped velvet mini dress (DM182), Snake print stud box bag (GR139) both from Karen Millen, accessorised with InnerPower rose gold carrier pendant & rose gold ball chain & Mi Moneda "Roca" coin & metallic snakeskin "Gable D" platform peep toe sandals from Dune.
(Photograph by Brendan Gallagher).

As for the Malt Room's credentials, well Raymond needs no introduction to the Irish food scene he has successfully represented Northern Ireland in the Great British menu 2012, 2013 and 2014, he runs his own critically acclaimed restaurant in Warrenpoint – Restaurant 23 at the Balmoral Hotel, and is in every international food guide.
Head chef at the Malt Room, David Mageean has been with Raymond for seven years and knows how to run the kitchen as Raymond would. He will be taking full control of the Malt Room kitchen under the guidance of Raymond. After having such a lovely evening at the launch party I look forward to returning to the restaurant again to sample the full menu!


Malt Room Bar & Restaurant will be opened Monday through to Saturday 12.30pm - 2.30pm for lunch, 5pm – 7pm early evening menu, and 7pm -10pm for the A La Carte menu, closed Sunday. To make a booking telephone Malt Room Bar & Restaurant on +44 (028) 9031 0008.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You're a vision, Louise. I particularly love that blue dress on you, simply stunning!!!

    http://www.thereddutchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a sweetheart for saying that, and that's quite a compliment coming from someone as stunning as yourself!! It's one of my all time favourite dresses & I always feel so glam when I wear it! Thank you so much hunni!!!

      Delete