What I Wore: Spring/Summer '14 Launch of West Coast Cooler BelfastFASHIONWEEK!!

Friday, January 31, 2014


When it comes to the Press Launch for West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK it's always so difficult to decide what to wear!! Click HERE to read my blog post on the launch and the FASHIONWEEK Event Schedule! With so many new trends to choose from as the new season approaches I'm always spoilt for choice, plus as it's January with sub zero temperatures I need to be somewhat practical too!!

So what's a girl to do I hear you ask??? Karen Millen of course!!! My favourite label, it never lets me down when choosing the right look for the various fashion events I attend, and so I went searching in my wardrobe for THE perfect ensemble!!


Attending the Press Launch of FASHIONWEEK at the Kris Turnbull Studio.
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

First the dress, I wanted something that was daytime chic, in seasonal colours! I opted for graphic stripes in neutral tones with just a hint of red to give it a pop in one of my favourite styles from Karen Millen: a body con bandage dress!

As it was January I needed a stylish cover up to keep out the chill and I couldn't wait to wear my new faux pony leopard print coat from Karen Millen!! I cannot praise this coat highly enough, super luxurious, everytime I wear it I feel like I should be climbing out of my town car in New York to party the night away with the SATC girls!!

Myself with Fashion Designer Nor Lisa wearing my new leopard print coat (CR069) from Karen Millen.

Next to tie in the leopard print of the coat and the pop of the red I wore THE most stunning pair of peep toe sandals from LK Bennett!! Anyone who reads my posts will have seen these sandals pop up time and time again with various outfits, they're just so fabulous I can't stop wearing them! With their mix of textures: leopard print pony skin, suede and leather and skyscraper high heels, I make a statement with my very first step into a room!

Accessories wise I chose to wear my InnerPower rose gold & crystal pendant from Argento, the innovative part of the pendant is that fact the they contain interchangeable "coins" allowing you to totally change the style and look of the pendant! When it came to my arm candy I decided to stack two of my favourite cuffs, the first is my rose gold Mulberry "Bayswater" suede cuff, the second is a recent purchase from CRUISE, a Marc by Marc Jacobs Standard ID black leather cuff!

Of course no outfit is complete without a seriously covetable handbag and I loved how well my snake print stud handbag from Karen Millen went with both my dress and coat, a fashion marriage made in heaven! Bought last year I've used it constantly since getting it, it's exotic leather finish and multi faceted studs really elevate it to a whole other level when it comes to "arm candy"!!

I hope you enjoy looking at the photos from the event and my choice of outfit for the launch!!
Being interviewed for FASHIONWEEK TV!!!
Photograph by Robin Cordiner.

Bandage knit dress (KM212) from Karen Millen, rose gold Mulberry "Bayswater" suede cuff, Marc by Marc Jacobs Standard ID black leather cuff from CRUISE, Snake print stud box bag (GR139) from Karen Millen "InnerPower" large rose gold crystal carrier pendant with ball chain and tricolour open star coin from Argento & L.K. Bennett leather and pony skin "Cheyne" peep toe sandals.
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

You Might Also Like

0 comments