"New Year, New You" event at The Fitzwilliam Hotel!

Thursday, February 06, 2014

After the excesses of Christmas many of us begin the year with a list of New Year Resolutions centered round creating healthier lifestyles, myself included! Which was why I was so excited when I received an invitation to a motivational evening to encourage healthy lifestyles for 2014 hosted by the chic Fitzwilliam Hotel!

Yours truly in the elegant surroundings of The Fitzwilliam Hotel!

The evening centered round three speakers covering three main areas: exercise by boxing champaign Brian Magee, healthy eating from Paula Heaney of Skinny Malinky's Real Juices and a motivational talk by local adventurer Hannah Shields!!

Peter Cardwell, Fiona Heaney, Siobhan O'Sullivan, Paula Heaney, Hannah Shields & Brian Magee.

On arrival we were treated to glasses of bubbly and THE most delicious healthy canapés served from the hotel bar! It was the perfect chance for me to catch up with fellow bloggers, press and friends after the Christmas period!

Myself with Suzanne Savage.

The evening was hosted by the fantastic Stephen Clements from CityBeat and proceedings began with Brian Magee, boxing champion and founder of Magee Health & Fitness, who demonstrated expert techniques for home exercise! Next Paula Heaney, director of Skinny Malinky's Real Juices, shared nutritional tips and recipes for home juicing! We even got to sample some of their seriously yummy juices: their "Lean Green Detoxifying Machine" made from apples, pears, celery, courgette, cucumber, kale, kiwi and parsley and the "Carrot Kick Start" made with carrot, apple, ginger and lime!

Stephen Clements & Brian Magee.

The evening ended with inspirational story-telling by local adventurer Hannah Shields, who enthusiastically recounted her experiences of climbing Everest and racing to the North Pole! I was enthralled as she told us about her expeditions and held my breath when hearing about her encounter with polar bears!! (If you think they're warm and cuddly like the Coca-Cola bears, think again!!) Listening to Hannah really gave us all the passion and motivation to believe we're capable of anything we set our minds on, here's to new challenges for 2014!!

A fabulous evening, massive thanks again to The Fitzwilliam Hotel for hosting such an informative and inspirational event!

As for what I chose to wear well it was a typical January evening and so I wanted to make sure my ensemble was both warm and stylish! Of course my label of choice was once again Karen Millen, this time in the form of their über glamorous leopard print coat! I paired it with my cosy snow leopard cardigan and accessorised it with my bag of the moment, my snakeprint studded handbag! I opted for trousers rather than my usual dresses and went for a pair of very chic and sexy leather leggings, finishing the look off with my favourite pair of skyscraper leather shoe boots!!

Snow leopard cardigan (KK208), Leopard print coat (CR069), Snake print stud box bag (GR139) all from Karen Millen, Vintage leather leggings & "Proud" shoe boots from Topshop Premium.


Massive thanks to Hannah Irwin from Smarts Communicate for press release and all relevant imagery from PressEye.

You Might Also Like

0 comments