Argento Jewellery hosts a very special event at Belfast FASHIONWEEKSS14!

Monday, April 07, 2014

Day two of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK and proccedings got underway in the early evening with an intimate pop up store and mini fashion show by Argento!



Argento is one of my favourite stores, many years ago when there was only one store in Castle Street, Belfast I remember visiting owner Peter with my mum to chose something for my 18th Birthday! Since then I've been totally hooked and I've not only seen the business grow from its one store to a chain of stores throughout the UK, but it's range and variety of jewellery has substantially grown, from contemporary stirling silver to include costume jewellery, designer brands and Argento producing their own exclusive ranges of exciting jewellery!

I was therefore very excited to attend their exclusive event at FASHIONWEEK to get a sneak peek at their latest upcoming designs for SS14!!

Upon entering I was greated with the customary FASHIONWEEK West Coast Cooler drink and a glimpse at the new Argento SS14 advertising campaign, as well as getting a chance to chat with Argento representatives Lynsey Redpath and Ian Megrath!



Ian who not only works for Argento but is also a fellow blogger friend of mine walked me round the room talking me through each of the ranges from Argento as well as explaining the thoughts behind the designs and the process from initial design to finished product!


Chatting to Ian from Argento!

Checking out the "Dirty Ruby" range with Ian!

For instance, while statement necklaces remain popular, the SS14 spin on them from the Dirty Ruby range is to have a matt rather than a sparkle finish to the jewels, in mouth watering ice cream sorbet pastels and neon hues, mirroring the colours seen on the fashion catwalk!


One of my Instagram pics of the "Dirty Ruby" SS14 range!






This would have perfectly matched my outfit at the event!


Another of my Instagram pics, loved the vintage feel to this necklace.



Stackable bracelets and cuffs are also strong with layered friendship bracelets coming pre stacked with easy to use magnetic clasps, and crystal beaded coiled wire bracelets in rainbow hues to catch the eye!


One of my Instagram pics of the Karma stackable coil bracelets!

I personally loved their new range of bangles from their Karma range that include "coin" charms, each with their own special meaning! Part of the range is to include special limited edition bangles with charms to represent some of our local charities, which I personally think is a fabulous idea!!




A matching "Y" shaped necklace to the wire bangles from the Karma range.

We were also treated to a mini fashion show, giving us an opportunity to see how fabulous the jewellery looked on the FASHIONWEEK models!!

The stunning FASHIONWEEK models wearing Argento!

FASHIONWEEK Director Cathy Martin having fun with the models!

It was great to see each of the new ranges up close and all us bloggers and fashionistas certainly had fun trying on and checking out all the stunning jewellery!

I was soooo chuffed when I learned that my special Argento goodie bag from the event contained a fabulous statement cuff from the August Woods range (all of my regular readers will know I'm totally OBSESSED with cuffs)!! I just had to try it on straight away!!

My fabulous August Woods crystal circle cuff bracelet!

To say that I came away with a long wishlist is a MAJOR understatement and I can't wait to head instore to treat myself to some gorgeous jewellery!!!!


A massive thank you to FASHIONWEEK and to Argento for the invitation to attend the event, and to Ian Megrath for providing me with the imagery!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments