Beauty Confidential at House of Fraser, Belfast!

Wednesday, May 07, 2014


I am truly a girl who was born to shop, and for me there is one store in particular that I love to visit.......a one stop store providing everything a fashionista could want all under one roof........House of Fraser!!!

I was therefore very pleased when Mark from House of Fraser, Belfast invited me to their "Beauty Confidential" Evening, where I had the opportunity to meet HoF's beauty professionals across a wide range of beauty brands as well as a chance to catch up with some of my fellow bloggers!!

From Chanel to Yves Saint Laurent........Jo Malone to La Prairie many of the beauty counters were running their own complimentary treatments, mini makeovers and masterclasses on the night, and for anyone who is a beauty addict, it was like being in total heaven!!!!


I'm totally addicted to eye shadows and really dramatic looks for my eyes so off I headed to fabulous Dior for a peek at their brand new, limited edition summer eye shadow palettes!!!


After talking to Martina from Dior she recommended that I should try their new limited edition 5 couleurs transat edition: Sundeck (564), in warm "Grecian Goddess" hues of bronze and browns! I couldn't wait to see how Martina would use the palette, and I picked up lots of tips as she showed me how to apply and blend the various shades to create my finished look!


Of course what girl doesn't J'adore Dior and so I let Martina work her magic on my face, as she colour matched my skin using Dior's high tech wizardry to find my perfect foundation shade! Then she added a touch of mascara, eye liner, lipstick, and gloss to complete the glamorous look!!


Loving my Dior Makeover!

My glowing skin & fab eye make up from Dior!

Then I was off to indulge my other make up obsession......nail polish!!! I've been a major fan of Nails Inc. for years, not only is their formulation super easy to apply, but their polishes never go glumply, so it will last you AGES!!!! Working with the likes of London Fashion Week, Nails Inc. always have the latest in fashion forward colours and finishes so I was super excited to try their limited edition "Floral" top coat, which contains matt glitter and daisy particles in pretty pastel hues! I opted for their "Chelsea Embankment Gardens" and teamed it with my blue Nails Inc. colour: "Old Compton Street", and I'm pleased to report that after a week it still looks immaculate on my toes!

Nails Inc. "Old Compton Street" blue nail polish with "Floral" top coat in "Chelsea Embankment Gardens"!

I had such a fantastic evening, not only did I get to learn more about all the beauty brands in House of Fraser, but it was the perfect opportunity to get lots of top tips on the best way to apply my make up and find out about all the latest make up trends too!!

Staying litterally until the store closed, I headed home with my fab beauty purchases and a lovely goodie bag too!

Amazing goodie bag containing a super stylish notebook from Gucci, Juicy Couture beach towel, Versace "Eros" products and super cute floral bracelet from Dolce & Gabbana!
(plus Molton Brown "Gingerlily" body wash, not pictured).


A massive thank you to Mark Kelly, and to everyone on the Beauty floor at House of Fraser, Belfast for making me so welcome & for such a lovely evening!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments