OOTD Diaries! Boho Style and FASHIONWEEK Dreams!

Friday, October 12, 2018



Fashion like the seasons is ever changing, a never ending quest to find the “new look” a la Dior. The entire industry is built upon a quest to constantly push the boundaries of creativity, and give consumers a fresh take on how to dress. Even for someone like me who has a well defined personal style I still look on at the new trends with interest to ascertain if they will translate into my own style DNA.

Of course there is no better time to do this than at the start of a fashion season and so it was with great pleasure that I travelled to the über chic surroundings of The Fitzwilliam Hotel for the stylish launch of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK. Now in it’s 26th season FASHIONWEEK has become a firm fixture on any fashionista’s super stylish calendar and is also THE perfect opportunity for attendees to have fun with their own looks for the shows!!
           

For the launch event I knew I wanted to go for something fun and flirty, that not only reflected my love of chic dressing but had a knowing nod to what is currently relevant within designer fashion. As soon as I saw this silk jumpsuit it was love at first sight, it was THE perfect mix of bohemian luxe and sexy chic! Wistful flowing silk, that still retained a sense of tailoring with it’s nipped in waist and short silhouette, it was perfect for my petite frame!
I carried through the theme of “Bohemian Luxe” through my accessories with my beaded tassel belt, “Drew” Bag, Valentino lace acetate sunglasses and my beloved Hermès collier de Chien cuff!







All boho girls have a love of jewellery and if there is one thing I adore it’s a good arm stack! This time I swapped my beloved Gucci "Mini G" diamond bezel watch for the stunning Ballon Bleu de Cartier (the watch worn by the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton), stacking it with another Cartier piece the Juste un Clou. I finished off the stack with a Links of London “Sweetie” bracelet (from the chlidren’s range as my wrists are so small!) and my diamond tennis bracelet.


Of course no ensemble from me would be complete without a pair of skyscraper heels, and I couldn’t resist slipping on these amazing platforms from Kurt Geiger, which truly make my tiny legs look like they go on forever!



Hopefully my look was as stylish as the FASHIONWEEK launch and I cannot wait for the shows in October! As much as I adore checking out the latest AW trends on the catwalk, lets be honest part of the fun of sitting on the FROW is in rocking a fabulous outfit and checking out everyone’s style!!

See you all  in October!!!



West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK Show Schedule:

Friday 19th October.
What? - Catwalk show “The Runway Edit” – The best of High Street & Designer Brands.
Where? – Belfast Cathedral, 8.30pm FROW £25, Standard £20.

Saturday 20th October.
What? MaxMara Weekend Brunch.
Sit back and enjoy a sumptuous brunch at Café Parisien while watching the very best of Italian weekend style from MaxMara Weekend. Guests will then be chauffeur driven to the MaxMara Weekend Lisburn Road store afterwards for champagne, canapés and lots of shopping!
Where? Café Parisien, 10am-midday (plus 12-2pm in store) £25 PP.

What? - Sushi Saturday, “The Director’s Cut”.
Generous Afternoon Tea plus a refreshing West Coast Cooler Cocktail on arrival and fabulous look at some of the hottest looks from Kildare Village as well as FASHIONWEEK Director Cathy Martin’s top pics from “The Runway Edit”.
Where? Zen, 2-5pm £35 PP.

Sunday 21st October.
What? Style Sunday in aid of Action Cancer.
This sumptuous style luncheon (3 course meal) will showcase top stylist picks from Blush Belfast whilst lingerie retailer Boux Avenue will talk guests through how to dress any shape from the inside out!
Where? The über stylish Fitzwilliam Hotel, 2-5pm £45 PP.

All tickets available from www.belfastfashionweek.com


Massive thanks to Cathy Martin and the team at CMPR for the invitation to West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK AW’18 Launch.


All photography Adrian Quinn Photography.

You Might Also Like

0 comments