Outfit Post & Top Trends at West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK AW14 Launch!

Thursday, August 28, 2014


Pictured at the launch of West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK are Helen Sugan, Sheena MacAuley, Rebecca Maguire, Phoebe Tan, Stefania Egan and Kristen Gillespie in the latest looks from Gordon Donaldson, Katie Wilson, Coast at Debenhams, CastleCourt, Lizzie Agnew, George at ASDA, Blush, Julia Sokele, Julien McDonald at Debenhams, CastleCourt, M&S, Miss Selfridge at CastleCourt.

Appreciation of fashion can happen on so many levels, from checking out all the latest catwalk shows online to shopping the current season trends, however nothing can compare to the excitement of watching a live show, as the models strut down the catwalk showcasing the latest, covetable looks!

That's why I love attending West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK season after season and why I was super excited to attend their Press Launch to discover what lay in store for us at the AW14 shows!


The launch itself took place at FASHIONWEEK's new home: a converted warehouse in Bruce Street, Belfast giving the launch a modern edgy feel! As always the venue was filled with fashionistas & press eager to hear news of the AW14 show schedule, and I had such fun catching up with all my friends after the summer holidays!


Catching up with the lovely Lauren Penman, blogger of Girl About Town!
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

We were treated to delicious sushi and specially created FASHIONWEEK West Coast Cooler cocktails from one of my favourite restaurants Zen who will be appearing at FASHIOWEEK with a special pop up sushi and cocktail bar at all the main catwalk shows! *squeal*.



To introduce us to the AW trends, FASHIONWEEK created a special "Model Installation" allowing guests to check out FASHIONWEEK's predictions for some of the hottest looks of the season!


Alexandra Catherwood and Nerissa Moore in the latest looks from Nor Lisa and Jigsaw.


Lauryn Greer in the latest looks from Jigsaw and Marie Claire Millinery.

Some of the winter coats on display at the FASHIONWEEK Model Installation! 


Ashleigh Coyle in the latest looks from Jourdan.

As for myself well I opted to make a statement with this season's love affair for opulence & texture! Mixing feminine lace in the form of a sexy lace crop top from TopShop Petite with a metallic burnished gold skater skirt which had been majorly rehauled by my fantastic tailor!

Photograph by Robin Cordiner.

As for accessories, well I based my whole ensemble round an amazing statement necklace from NI's best kept accessories secret, The Secret Closet! Their "Ruth" necklace is beyond stunning and I've lost count on the number of compliments I've had from it since getting it! (shop HERE).

Photograph by Robin Cordiner.

Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

I then picked up on the gold tones of my skirt with my Karen Millen Snake Print studded tote and a cheeky flash of gold leaf on my wrist from my Mr Kate "Beauty Marks" temporary tattoo from Red Ruby Rouge! (shop HERE). Then to finish off the look and to carry through the lace texture of the top I paired it with my black crochet platform peep toe sandals!


My Mr Kate Beauty Marks Arrow temporary tattoo from Red Ruby Rouge!

Photograph by Robin Cordiner.

To see more of my top looks from the Model Instillation, check out my video from the Press Launch!




A massive thank you to Cathy Martin for the invitation to attend the FASHIONWEEK press launch and to Sarah-Jayne Cassells at CMPR for the press release & fashion imagery!
A v big thank you to Robin Cordiner for my style/outfit photos!

You Might Also Like

1 comments