A Bloggers Guide to West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK!

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Ever since the mid 2000's I've been super obsessed with fashion stylist Rachel Zoe, and love checking out her fab videos on her YouTube Channel: The Zoe Report! Recently she posted a series of videos concentrating on New York Fashion Week and what it's like to attend NYFW from the perspectives of Stylists, Fashion Editors and last but certainly not least BLOGGERS!!

I loved hearing the thoughts and experiences of the NYC bloggers who attend NYFW and it got me thinking..............

As it's not long now to West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK (15th-19th March), us Northern Irish fashion bloggers should do the same thing!!


So I've gone through the original video (which I've linked at the bottom of this post) and I'll now attempt to answer the questions from the video from the perspective of a fashion blogger attending Belfast FASHIONWEEK!

Also I'd love all my fashion blogger friends to get involved too (as I'm really interested to hear your answers!), so I'm making this a tag post!! If I could tag all my blogger friends I would but I'm limiting it to just three tags for this post! I therefore tag Lauren Penman at Girl About Town, Nicola McLaughlin at The Sequin Cinderella and Lewis Robert Cameron Editor in Chief at Beyond Man to copy the questions below and give your answers!! (P.S. If you love this concept please continue the tag by tagging our fellow bloggers to take part in your posts too!)

The most Insta-worthy show at #WCCFW?
There have been so many WCCFW highlights over the years, but in recent yrs the shows with the biggest WOW factor, hands down were Una Rodden's fresh and edgy model instillation with Neil Kerr for AW13 and Paddy McGurgan's mesmerising "Birds of Paradice" body art show at SS14 FASHIONWEEK! Total amazeballs!



The most coveted tech accessory?
Hehe have to agree with the NYC girls on this, an extra battery pack/charger is a must! Between taking snaps, editing them on the go and our constant tweeting, Instagramming and FB posts our mobiles are working overtime during FASHIONWEEK!

Describe Belfast FASHIONWEEK in a #HASHTAG.
For me it has to be #FashionReunion! Over the 10 years of FASHIONWEEK I can probably count on one hand the number of shows I've missed so FASHIONWEEK is like my 2nd home! It's so much fun catching up with the FASHIONWEEK team, as well as all the photographers, journalists, models, stylists, designers and fashionistas who attend (like myself) season after season!

"Super Selfie" with Jeff at Belfast Times!

Myself with fellow fashion blogger Nicola McLaughlin from The Sequin Cinderella!

Street style star of the season?
This is an easy one! Hands down, it has to be model and presenter Katie Larmour! In my Style Watch column for Belfast Times I get to check out everyone's outfits and Katie always gets it right! She's a girl who knows exactly what suits her and isn't afraid to embrace trends and make bold fashion statements! I'm always super excited to see what she'll be wearing to FASHIONWEEK!


Secret to social media gold?
In my experience it's #WIWT (What I'm Wearing Today) photos! These days everyone's obsessed with street style and people seem to really enjoy checking out what I'm wearing to the shows as well as all my little outfit details!


Instagram Faux Pas?
In my case it's caused by my talking!! From the second I arrive until I take my FROW seat I'm constantly mingling and talking non stop to everyone, so much so that sometimes I totally forget to upload all my pics to Instagram until the following day!! #OOPS!!!

The photo that would get a million likes?
If our very own, Mr Grey himself Jamie Dornan was to ever grace the FROW or FASHIONWEEK catwalk!! (Well it would certainly get a like from me!!) hehe!!

Does your phone ever turn off?
Again another one that the NYC bloggers and myself have in common! The only time my phone is off is when the battery has decided it's had enough and dies on me! #FASHIONWEEKDisaster

Favourite NI designer to follow?
Oooooh this is a hard one as I really love all the amazing work our local designers are producing! If I had to pick just one I'd have to say Ruedi Maguire as his designs are the stuff my fashion dreams are made off! I can litterly imagine myself wearing every one of his stunning designs, and I'm lucky enough to own two of his show stopping dresses!!!

Favourite NI Model?
Nooooo! Don't make me choose! All the FASHIONWEEK models are totally stunning!! I especially love following them all on social media during the FASHIONWEEK shows as it gives you a fun insight into all the backstage goings on! If I have to choose one I'll say Lauryn Greer, as that girl seriously rocked the latex skirt I styled on her from my Charity Shop Challenge collection at FASHIONWEEK!


Your Belfast FASHIONWEEK uniform?
FASHIONWEEK is that one occasion when you can take a few fashion risks! You're amongst fashionistas who get it and FASHIONWEEK for me is all about making a bold statement and having fun with your looks! So I try to go with edgy designs (a neon leopard print skort suit anyone?), bold prints and vibrant colours that really stand out! From metallics to sequins, ruffles and leather I've worn them all at FASHIONWEEK!





Favourite photo editing app?
While I do like to use Instagram's recently improved photo editing options on their app while on the go, I prefer to edit photos for my blog on my iPad! The larger screen makes it so much easier to edit and with apps like PixlrExpress+ and Snapseed you can work wonders on your photos! I also love editing my photos into collages using the Pic Stitch app as it gives a good snapshot of the best bits from the shows or close up details of my ensemble!

Recent "Pic Stitch" collage of my oufit from the AW14 Belfast FASHIONWEEK Press Launch!  

Well that's all the questions covered! As soon as I watched The Zoe Report NYFW video I was super excited to do my own version of it and I hope you've all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Here's hoping the tag takes off as I'd love to hear what my fellow fashion bloggers responses to the questions would be! Can't wait to catch up with you all at the shows!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments