My West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK Diary AW14: Day One....MeanGirls!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014



Ten years, eighteen seasons.......and here we are, celebrating ten years of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK! Last week I had the pleasure of attending FASHIONWEEK, attending all the shows and hanging backstage with the crew and organisers! It was a whirlwind of events, but amazing to be a part of something which really has grown from strength to strength over these past ten years!

For it's eighteenth season FASHIONWEEK moved to a new venue, a converted warehouse in Bruce Street which I hope will become their new home for many seasons to come! With "Brand Alley" allowing us to satisfy our craving for a little retail therapy, to the Zen pop up sushi and cocktail bar, it felt like everything had been risen to a new level, and with new events added to the traditional FASHIONWEEK schedule, there was so much for myself and my fellow fashionistas to enjoy!




On Day One we were treated to a special charity screening of the movie "Mean Girls" which just like FASHIONWEEK was also celebrating it's tenth anniversary! In association with Odyssey Cinema's who managed to track down a copy of the movie we were treated to as much "pink" Cherry popcorn as we could eat along with our customary West Coast Cooler drinks (just had to be rosé!).





The evening was in aid of cancer charity Pretty 'n' Pink, and for those of us who had known it's founder Noleen Adair (who sadly passed away this June), the evening was a fond reminder of her zest for fun and laughter with audience members really entering into the spirit of proceedings, shouting out some of the movie's best known quotes as we laughed and giggled throughout the movie!


What can I say......."On Wednesday's We Wear Pink"!!!!
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

Myself and the lovely Marian Mawhinney from Pretty 'n' Pink catching up!

As the screening took place on Wednesday 15th October it was a chance for us to embrace our inner "plastics" and wear pink! Well I figured I had two options, I could play it safe, or really enter into the spirit of proceedings...........so I went all out wearing pink from head to toe, from the pink pedicure on my toes to my NEON PINK HAIR!! yes you did read that right, PINK hair!!! #OnWednesdaysWeWearPink



Pictured with my new pink "hair" (AKA a pink bob wig), necklace was a present, bonded lace panel dress from Warehouse, Balenciaga giant gold cuff in colour Rose Corail lambskin leather, stripe mini box bag (GL217) Karen Millen and L.K. Bennett leather and pony skin "Cheyne" peep toe sandals. Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

Lets just say my pink hair caused quite the reaction when everyone saw it for the first time, and while I had lots of fun rocking the look, I must confess I did return to my signature brunette locks for the rest of FASHIONWEEK! Hehe!

Such a fun and girly evening and all for such a worthwhile cause I couldn't wait to return to BFW HQ for the rest of the shows!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments