Designer Shopping Haul: Balenciaga, Chloé & Chanel!

Tuesday, July 07, 2015


There's nothing a girl loves more than a good shopping spree and as I've been so good of late I thought I would go on a major shopping splurge and treat myself to a few pieces I've been lusting after for a while!

First on my wishlist was a Balenciaga handbag, known for their high quality, super soft leathers I've been lusting after one of their handbags for quite some time! But which one to get?? Ever since they released their iconic "motorcycle" handbag in 2000 they've been on my radar, but it wasn't until I spotted the mini "City" that I knew I just had to have one in my collection!

In the end I opted for one of their seasonal colours, as a brightly coloured handbag will inject a welcome pop of colour to any ensemble and elevate a simple outfit to a whole new level! Of course there are those who will say it's better to stick to safe colours such as black or beige when investing in a designer handbag to ensure you get lots of use from it, but I find it's actually better to go for something a little different! Not only will you find that far fewer people will end up carrying the same bag as yourself, but an unusual colour is something that will really make you stand out from the crowd and turn your bag into a real talking point!

So after much consideration I went for the giant 12 gold mini city in colour "Jaune Citronnade", the perfect mix of an acidic yellow with just a hint of sorbet lime, it has to be THE perfect summer shade!

My new Balenciaga mini city in "Jaune Citronnade" colour, Balenciaga sunglasses style code: BAL 0111/S 807BN & Balenciaga giant gold cuff in colour "Rose Corail".

The mini City may seem at first glance to be too small to hold much but in actual fact I find I can easily carry my umbrella, purse, cles pouch, credit card holder, travel pass case, lipstick, iPod, nail file and hankies! (Or on a sunny day I ditch the umbrella in favour of my Balenciaga sunglasses!)

My new Balenciaga mini City in "Jaune Citronnade" colour, styled with my Balenciaga sunglasses style code: BAL 0111/S 807BN & Hermès green croc Collier de Chien cuff!

Next up from my designer haul is a piece from Chloé! Some of my regular readers may have noticed on Instagram I've been obsessed with my Chloé mini Paddington handbag of late, well I've been hoping to add to my Chloe "Paddington" collection and I was lucky enough to come across a stunning "Paddington" key charm on Vestiaire! I thought the rich chocolate brown leather would act as a nice contrast against the stone colour of my mini Paddington handbag and would look super cute as a handbag charm!


From the butter soft leather, to the cute key and padlock it was love at first sight and I'm so happy I was able to track down this super rare piece to add to my collection!

Last but by no means least is an item from the iconic house of Chanel!! For many of us Chanel will always be the "Holy Grail" of designer brands, steeped in stylish history, there is just something so special about the interlocked double C's and exquisite quilted lambskin leather! I'm such a sucker for SLG's (Small Leather Goods) and when the opportunity came to add this classic flap Chanel wallet to my collection I just couldn't say no!



It's super soft lambskin leather is just so gorgeous and the classic design of this particular wallet is timeless, I just know it will remain a star piece in my collection for many years to come!

I hope you've enjoyed checking out my latest purchases, and don't forget to check out my Instagram to see how I'm styling them with my everyday outfits!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. These are some gorgeous pieces. The bag is a perfect summer colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison!! Have to say as soon as I laid eyes on the bag it was love at first sight, the photos don't even do the colour justice! Thanks for taking the time to comment! :) x

      Delete
  2. Nice handbag!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete