Catwalk Edit AW16: Day 1 West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016


Here I am checking out the show direct from the FROW!

Hey guys! Well as some of you may know it was West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK last week and I had such a fantastic time propping up the FROW and checking out all the latest “must have” trends direct from the catwalk!

Day 1 was my highlight of the show schedule, featuring looks from some of Northern Ireland’s top designers and many of my favourite independent boutiques! I was also pleased to see some welcome new additions to the FASHIONWEEK catwalk including ONA by Agne, LOH Millinery, The Rosh Collection, Vijeta Lal, All Marvellous & Lavery and some fabulous arm candy in the form of Zohara handbags.

So grab yourself a cup of coffee and settle down on the sofa as I take you through my favourite looks from the show!

Blush Boutique has long since been a favourite of mine and has featured many times on this blog. Owner Aileen has a fantastic eye for statement looks for the woman who isn't afraid to make an impact! I loved these two looks by designer Kevan Jon, his use of draping perfectly accentuates the female form, while his faux fur wraps and jackets are super glam to the max! 



Spoilt Belle Boutique has made a serious splash onto the NI Fashion scene since they opened and truly is a one stop shop for all your fashion needs! From casual daywear to striking cocktail dresses, they have something for every occasion! But it was this “Self Portrait” inspired dress which stole my heart…….and the dipped hem dress……and this super sexy leather dress from Guess! What can I say, I want them all!




Diamond Dolls returned once again to the FASHIONWEEK catwalk and as always it was a crazy, mad and utterly fabulous collection of looks! The store itself in Banbridge is like entering a Wonderland of clothes, and as always was a delight to see on the catwalk! At the moment I'm loving oversized fur jackets, and this chevron style jacket was to die for!


Sands & Hall (formally known as Cocoon Luxury Wear) design THE most beautiful wool capes, we are talking high end luxury at it’s very best and heritage pieces which will take pride of place in your winter wardrobe for many years to come!


I do love to see fun and interesting looks at FASHIONWEEK and look no further than knitwear ONA by Agne and recent fashion graduate Vijeta Lal, who embraced this season's trend for texture, producing looks with the focus firmly on textural detailing!

ONA by Agne
Vijeta Lal
Of course anyone who knows me knows I love my arm candy and it was lovely to see handbag brand Zohara on the catwalk! Their bags are classic silhouettes, made from beautiful leather and finished with fabulous details like these stylish tassels! This hot orange bag was my favourite and is a great way to inject some colour into your Winter wardrobe! 


The Rosh Collection had some lovely layering, and beautiful dresses but it was this oversized jacket and snood which really stood out, I loved the modern take on animal print, it’s fabulous draping and use of contrasting colour, a fashion blogger’s dream jacket!


Once again Nor Lisa made a triumphant return to the FASHIONWEEK catwalk, focusing on burnished gold and jewel tones to create a beautiful ethereal collection! Mixing sheer chiffon, lace and devore it was signature Nor Lisa at it’s best, with this brunished gold chiffon "Goddess" dress as my stand out look!


All Marvellous & Lavery made it’s FASHIONWEEK debut and produced a solid collection of covetable separates and beautiful dresses! As a girl who loves sleek and sophisticated looks I could totally see myself wearing this fabulously tailored LBD with leaf motif or this gorgeous designer inspired shirt and military style shorts! Paired with a Birkin this would be a look straight out of Paris!



Last but by no means least Jourdan closed the show with a heady mix of evening dresses and statement coats, but it was this truly stunning lace shirt with marabou feathers which was the showstopper for me!



So there you have it, my top looks from Day 1 of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK! A massive thank you to Cathy Martin and the FASHIONWEEK team for making me so welcome, it’s always such a pleasure to return season after season to the shows!

Make sure to check back for further coverage of the rest of the shows as well as my OOTD Style Diaries to find out what trends I was rocking on the FROW!


A very big thank you to Adrian Quinn Photography for once again collaborating with The Real Elle woods and for use of his imagery.

You Might Also Like

0 comments