OOTD Diaries: FASHIONWEEK Empowerment!

Wednesday, March 21, 2018



"Fashion fades, style is eternal"
- Yves Saint Laurent

What does fashion mean to you? More importantly what does personal style mean to you? It's that age old question that most fashionistas will debate, how important is it to remain true to your personal style versus wearing the hottest new trend? Well in my case personal style will always win, hands down.

As someone who always had a clear view of what my personal style was (even as a small child I dreamed of one day wearing chic and sophisticated outfits and elegant dresses as my everyday wardrobe) and it's kinda scary how early I developed a sense of how my personal style was to evolve throughout my life.


For me my everyday look is chic and stylish, with an emphasis on sharp tailoring and body con pieces which work so well for my petite body. Nothing makes me feel more empowered than wearing an outfit that I know suits me and reflects my personality. I have never been a person who enjoyed dressing down, in fact I actively avoid it, give me a pair of killer heels and a dress over trainers and a track suit any day of the week!


When it came to the stylish launch of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK I knew there was only one designer I wanted to wear  . . . . . . Balmain! From the second I spotted this cutout crepe bandeau top from the label it was love at first sight, and I knew I had found the starting point for styling my FASHIONWEEK look together! With it's concealed corset boning and silk lining it was a joy to wear and I love how it's deep V cutout gave it an edgy, sexy vibe. I complemented the neckline with my Links of London "Raindance" tassel necklace.



I carried on the Balmain vibes with my super tailored blazer and pulled the colour palette of the ensemble together with my Hermès "H" Clic Clac bracelet in "Noir" with pink gold hardware and enameled H clasp. By opting for a pair of high waisted leather trousers from Stradivarius I kept the look edgy and sexy whilst avoiding the outfit from becoming a little too corporate and business like.

Of course no look is complete without a killer pair of shoes, and these Christian Louboutin "So Kate" pumps are my "Holy Grail" shoes! In my opinion they are the sexiest shoes out there and with their steep pitch and skyscraper heel, they make me not only stand tall but strut like a "Catwalk Queen"! By perfectly matching them to the nude colour of the top they created a perfect balance to my ensemble!



Bag wise I opted to maintain the nude colour palette with my beloved Chloé mini Paddington in the colour "sand". I just loved how the colour the bag perfectly complimented my shoes and top, while the bag's gold hardware matched my blazer's iconic gold engraved lion's head buttons!




I believe that personal style should reflect who you are and for me this ensemble perfectly encapsulates my personality traits: chic and considered, sexy and polished creating a poised and perfectly put together look. I always feel so empowered when I wear something I know works well for my petite frame, my look becomes a part of me and I feel prepared and ready to take on the world, it becomes effortless! That for me is what true personal style is about, your clothes shouldn't define you, instead it's your inner confidence and beauty that shines through with every stylish step!


"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress, dress impeccably and they remember the woman".
- Coco Chanel.

 



Massive thank you to FASHIONWEEK Director Cathy Martin, CMPR for kindly inviting me along to the Press Launch and to Adrain Quinn for all photography.



You Might Also Like

0 comments