Style Diaries: Crimson Flush!

Wednesday, August 15, 2018



Sometimes the fashion planets align and you find yourself falling hopelessly in love with an outfit the second you lay eyes on it. . . .

The feeling you have when you find yourself wearing THE ultimate ensemble is never to be underestimated. Your dress is cut to perfection, it’s colour perfectly suiting your skin tone, while the accessories match so perfectly you would be forgiven for thinking they had been custom made! Even your cosmetics perfectly complement the outfit, right down to the Tom Ford lipstick and Nails Inc. pedicure on your toes! 

Finding THE killer outfit isn't easy, and on those rare occurrences when everything seems to perfectly come together you know you have something special!


However the perfect dress is hard to find, not only do you need to find a style you love, but the fit and proportions of the dress are equally as important, and for someone like me who is so petite it can be a difficult combination to find. I knew the second I saw this dress that EVERYTHING worked, I couldn't believe how well it fitted my petite frame, showing off every curve of my body creating a powerful and sensual silhouette whilst still being cute, feminine and effortlessly chic!

I loved how structured the guipure lace dress is, creating a strong tailored look whilst staying playful with lots of ruffles and frills. It’s sexy mesh detailing and open back giving the dress an edgy and contemporary feel, while the crimson colour really popped against my porcelain white skin.



Accessories wise I wanted to maintain a perfectly co-ordinated look and I achieved this by carrying though the dresses crimson hue in both my shoes and vintage clutch bag. I even matched my Tom Ford lipstick (in shade Smoke Red) and my Nails Inc. polish (Queenstown Road) to my look! (what can I say I’m all about the finer details!)

 

Both my clutch bag and shoes were vintage pieces from my collection and were a play on textures from the intricate bead work on the clutch through to the contrast snakeskin and suede on the sandals, adding another level of interest to the overall look!



Of course an outfit this stunning needed a worthy debut, and where better than the opening night of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK in the majestic surroundings of Belfast Cathedral! It’s a cliché I know, but I felt a million dollars as I strutted towards my FROW seat, feeling empowered and strong in an ensemble that creates a seamless powerful connection between mind and body.  

This is the power of a truly good outfit, you not only feel like you can conquer the world, you know you can!




Photography: Adrian Quinn Photography.

You Might Also Like

0 comments