What does this Fashionista carry in her Karen Millen Handbag.....??

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

As a little girl nothing gave me greater pleasure then getting the opportunity to rummage through my very stylish Aunt's handbag to see what she was carrying!! It's with this in mind that I'm writing this post!

Today i've chosen to carry my Karen Millen Leopard Camouflage print pony bowling bag (GM234) and the matching purse (GM240).



We all have those things in our handbags that we can't live without.....and for me that's my Samsung Galaxy SII and my iPod! Both of which I carry in leather cases to protect them from scratches.....I'm especially proud of my phone case from Karen Millen! This case was produced as part of their "Limited Edition 30th Anniversary" Collection, celebrating Karen Millen's 30yrs in business!! I especially love the little spinning charm on the side and I couldn't resist adding my Karen Millen VIP Black Membership card to it, so my card is always close at hand when making purchases!!


As you have probably noticed I adore cases!! I have them for everything, from my Swiss rollerball pen, to my credit cards, my mobile phone to my iPod!! However my favourite has to be my stunning Theo Fennell travel card holder! I love the silver metallic finish to the grained leather, but once opened you're treated to a blast of acid brights in pink and orange!! Seriously how stylish is that!!!



The weather here is so up and down that whenever I carry a larger bag I always carry both my umbrella & a pair of sunglasses!! Today it's a pair of Christian Dior shades, I just love hiding behind a pair of oversized shades and they definitely give any outfit a glamorous finish! Same goes for gloves, in this cold weather you can't leave home without them and I love my long black leather gloves.....so elegant & far more chic than wooly mittens!!



These days I mostly make notes on my Galaxy SII or on the iPad I got this Christmas, but nothing beats a pen and paper! So I always carry my Swiss rollerball pen in it's leather case, I just love the Art Deco feel to the pen with it's beautiful abalone, mother of pearl & agate inlay, plus it's such a joy to write with!! No Bic pen's for my bags!! Haha For notes I have my Italian leather organiser by Luana, so handy as when all the pages are used I can just drop in another refill!



Of course no woman's bag is complete without a brush & compact mirror and in my case both are a handy handbag friendly size! As for beauty products, I find at this time of year I always get dry, chapped lips so I always carry round a tub of Eve Lom's "Kiss Mix"! Honestly this is a miracle in a tub, giving me perfectly soft kissable lips! My lipstick du jour is Lipstick Queen in "Goodbye", which is so sheer it gives the finish of a tinted lipgloss, available exclusively from Space.NK.

I also have extremely long nails which i'm extremely proud to say are 100% natural!!! So I never leave home without my glass nail file to prevent my nails from snagging & to keep them healthy I use a Nails Inc. "Vitamin E Oil Slick" Pen! This along with Eve Lom's Kiss Mix are two of my "desert island" products!!!

One of my secret weapons is my little red clothes brush! I don't know about you but there's nothing worse than discovering stray wisps of fluff on a black dress and this handy gadget removes them in a flash! Far more compact that a lint roller, it's the perfect tool to make sure my outfit is always photo ready!!

I hope you have enjoyed taking a sleek peek into my handbag......and in the coming weeks I hope to feature some of my friend's fabulous handbags too!!!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Lovely post Lou and major envy!! ClaraC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Clara!! Really glad to hear you enjoyed reading my post & looking at what I love to carry in my handbag! I'm sure your handbag's are every bit as fab too!! :) x

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed this blog! Love your Theo Fennell case. Tips on what to use on dry lips is very handy, Space NK is a makeupaholics heaven! Gina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina!!! Iove my Theo Fennell case too, never seen a travel card case as nice before or since I bought it!!!
      Cannot recommend Eve Lom's Kiss Mix enough, I've tried lots of products over the years as my lips are prone to dryness and this is by the far the best product I've used! Space NK is amazing, what's worse is that it's right beside my fav shop, Karen Millen! No wonder I never have any money!! Lol :) x

      Delete