Karen Millen Sale! What I bought!

Monday, January 21, 2013

So I asked my followers on my Facebook page, (www.facebook.com/TheRealElleWoods) when it comes to fashion purchases, do you prefer Quality or Quantity? I got some interesting views, but most said they like to buy those quality staple pieces which they then can mix and match with cheaper items!! I must confess I to am guilty of this at times, sometimes that really cute dress from TopShop is just too hard to resist, and when styled well can look amazing! However since getting older I have realised that I much prefer Quality! Why spend money on clothes you fall in love with only to find them falling apart in a few months time? I have a vast wardrobe containing pieces which date back to the nineties which I still wear, and more importantly are still in good condition!

A quality item will not only last longer, but will tend to fit and sit better on your body creating a more flattering silhouette, and sale time can be that opportunity to purchase quality items that are normally out of your reach!!! So instead of going out and buying a mountain of clothes from Primark, how about visiting some of the high end High Street or Designer boutiques during the sales and invest in a few items that will last for many years to come!

As most of my readers will know, I'm a massive fan of Karen Millen!! I would say the vast majority of my wardrobe would be from there, as I know I am guaranteed to find well fitting, beautifully cut clothes that suit my petite frame (and personal style!) While I do buy a lot from them at full price, I really look forward to their sales as it gives me an opportunity to purchase items I had my eye on at great prices!! This time round I was really chuffed with my buys as I managed to get items which (if I'm honest I would have paid full price for!!)


All in all I bought eight items in total in the Karen Millen sale and saved over £500 pounds!!!! So I thought I'd share a few of those sale bargains with you and let you see how I intend to style them with pieces I currently have in my wardrobe!!

Some of my Karen Millen sale purchases:

Blue satin bow corsage clutch (GP263) was £85 now £40;
Pink lace print clutch (GP273) was £85 now £40;
Pink lace print dress (DP159) was £160 now £110;
Purple lace print cardigan (KP251) was £99 now £49;
Red signature stretch satin dress (DP156) was £175 now £50;
Pink lace print peep toe shoes (FP176) was £125 now £35.


First outfit: I took the purple lace cardigan and paired it with probably my favourite black skirt from Karen Millen's AW'10 collection: the Corset Knit Skirt (KK109) with my purple spotted Valentino scarf!

Second outfit: As the red signature stretch satin dress is so striking I wanted to keep the look quite sleek with minimal accessories! So I paired it with Karen Millen's Stripe mini box bag (GL217) from SS'11 to tie in with the colourblocking of the dress and added some bling with diamanté nude shoes!


Third outfit: this blue satin dress from Karen Millen's SS'11 collection, the Signature stretch satin dress (DL235) is one of my all time favourite dresses, and while I had the perfect glitzy shoes to accompany it, I never found the perfect bag until now!! The satin bow corsage clutch is the perfect finishing touch!
Photograph of myself taken by Norm Keilty.


Fourth outfit: As soon as I tried on the pink lace print dress I fell in love with it! I adore the cut of it and while it shows off my curves to perfection, it is still super elegant! My life was made easy accessory wise as Karen Millen produced a matching clutch and peep toe shoes! So my only addition was my pink and black agate drop ear rings!!


If you want to pick up a bargain how about taking a look at the Karen Millen website www.karenmillen.com before the sale ends!!
I hope you all enjoyed looking at some of my sale purchases, and I'll be sure to be posting photographs of the outfits as I wear them through the coming months!








You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. GORGEOUS! Absolutely Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I wore the pink lace print dress on Friday to the Press Launch of Belfast FASHIONWEEK, so you'll get to see how it looked on in my next blog post!

      Delete
  2. awesome! i love the blue outfit. you look stunning.

    ReplyDelete