What I Wore: My Karen Millen Outfit at the Cruise Summer Style Party!

Monday, June 03, 2013



I love sharing outfit posts on my blog, as it's the best way to show you all which trends inspire me, and how I'm styling them with items from my existing wardrobe!
I was lucky enough to be invited to the Karen Millen Press Day when they launched their spring summer range a few months back and from that day I was able to make out a wish list for my summer wardrobe! Top of my list was the space dye bandage knit dress (KQ203), not only was it this season's fashionable midi length on me it also sported a very unusual print which perfectly follows the curves of the body creating an enviable silhouette! As soon as it hit the store I was straight in to buy it, now all I had to do was find the perfect event to wear it to!

Photograph of the Space dye bandage knit dress at the Karen Millen Spring/Summer Press Day in Dublin!


Wearing the Space dye bandage knit dress (KQ203) accessorised with Tassel white mini bag (GL222) both from Karen Millen. Balenciaga giant gold cuff in colour Rose Corail lambskin leather and Kurt Geiger "Hero" nude sandals. Photograph taken in Karen Millen, Donegall Place Belfast.

When I heard that luxury fashion brand CRUISE were having a special invitation only Summer Style Party I knew my new dress would be perfect! The question was how would I chose to style it? Would I go for a casual edgy look and pair it with a leather jacket or give it a funky feel with some oversized statement jewellery? Well I opted for neither and instead went for the New York super sleek, perfectly groomed look!

One thing I love about Karen Millen is how they carry colours and styles through from season to season, allowing you to seamlessly mix and match items from previous seasons! As the dress contained hues of blue I decided to bring this out in both my choice of jacket and accessories from some of my well loved items from Karen Millen!

I just loved the cropped style of my tailored knit jacket, perfect for my petite frame and the blue stripe worked so well with the space dye print, bringing out the blue of the dress! That shade of blue was then carried through in my stunning blue ostrich handbag, one of my all time favourite bags due to it's exotic leather & unusual colour, it really did make the outfit!! Finally I finished off the look by stacking up a couple of my tropical cuffs with Swarovski elements again mirroring the print of the space dye dress in blue and white! Proving just how well Karen Millen pieces from previous season's can be styled together!!

Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

Space dye bandage knit dress (KQ203) and Tailored knit jacket (KJ008) accessorised with Small ostrich bag (GJ174) and Tropical cuffs in white (ZJ003) & blue (ZL062) all by Karen Millen. "Hero" sandals by Kurt Geiger. Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.

Not only was it a night filled with fabulous fashion, I also had a great time catching up with all my very stylish friends! I hope you've all enjoyed this post and reading about how I styled my look together!

Catching up with model Destiny Carlisle and her boyfriend Jay Shieles. Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.


Massive thanks to Hollie Hanlan at CMPR for use of the photographs from the Cruise Summer Style Party taken by Brendan Gallagher.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. OMG...beyond gorgeous! The dress, the shoes, the bag, and of course that enchanting smile! :)

    Charlie's in love!!!

    ReplyDelete