Cocktails, House of Zen and the ultimate "IT" bag from Karen Millen!

Monday, June 10, 2013



We all have our weaknesses when it comes to fashion, some women love their shoes, for others it's jeans, or dresses....the list goes on! However for me it's always about the bag!! The handbag you carry can say a lot about you: even down to the type of handles which can show if you're a practical girl who likes to keep her hands free, or are you like me and prefer a bag that cradles in the crook of your arm proudly showing it off to the world? Do you carry a large bag that carries everything but the kitchen sink, or perfer the cutest little mini totes, showing the world you're a girl who travels stylishly light?

Well every season I go in search of my "IT" bag, the kind of bag that makes me go weak at the knees, makes my heart skip a beat, the kind that puts a spring in my step every time I use it! While I do agree a bag needs to carry all your essentials, I also believe you should fall in love with it as it really can be THE finishing touch to an ensemble! Even as a little girl I was always obsessed with handbags, so is it any surprise I would grow up to be equally as obsessed?

In Autumn Winter 2011 Karen Millen produced a stunning black studded tote, everything about it was gorgeous, from the quality of the leather to the multi faceted studs which adorned it. Think Valentino and you will have an idea where I'm coming from but in Karen Millen's signature style! My only personal gripe was the bag was a little oversized for someone as petite as myself! Of course it sold out almost instantly and I always hoped that one day Karen Millen would release a smaller version.........

Well this season my fashion prayers were answered as Karen Millen re-released this iconic design in a larger tan version and an off white mini version!!! As soon as I saw the mini bag on their website my heart skipped a beat! At last a version which perfectly matched my petite frame, and in an off white colour which would work so well with my summer wardrobe! I instantly knew I just had to have it!
When it arrived I couldn't have been happier, carefully removing it from it's dust bag I was welcomed with the smell of expensive grained leather, each stud glinting in the sunshine, it was indeed a thing of beauty and it was all mine!! Better still I had ordered the matching purse too and the fact that both were from the Karen Millen Limited Edition collection made them even more special!

Limited Edition Studded mini tote (GQ169) & Limited Edition Studded Purse (GQ162).

Macrame bandage knit dress (KL228), Limited Edition Studded mini tote (GQ169), Limited Edition Studded Purse (GQ162) (not pictured), Buckle cuff (ZQ014 - Ltd Edition this version not made available to purchase) all from Karen Millen. With Christian Dior Sunglasses & Kurt Geiger "Hero" nude sandals.
Picture taken at St Anne's Square.

So far it's been out with me constantly, and last week when we were in the midst of a mini heat wave I took it out for a night at House of Zen at St Anne's Square! Having recently celebrated it's 1st Birthday, House of Zen is one of my favourite places to eat, fabulous Chinese cuisine with a cocktail list to die for, I spent the evening taking in the sun in their fabulous "Zen Garden" while enjoying some glorious food and cocktails! A recent addition to their cocktail list are their special "teapot" cocktails, just perfect for a summer's night and of course no evening out would be complete without a french martini! Sitting in the cosmopolitan St Anne's Square I felt like I was enjoying al fresco dining in some distant European city, oh if only it could always be this sunny in Northern Ireland!

House of Zen "Teapot" Cocktail & French Martini.

Massive thanks to Grainne Griffith for making my visit to House of Zen so enjoyable and I hope you all enjoy looking at my photos of my night out and my fabulous new handbag and purse!!

Outside House of Zen; St Anne's Square, Belfast.

Macrame bandage knit dress (KL228), Limited Edition Studded mini tote (GQ169), Limited Edition Studded Purse (GQ162) (not pictured), Buckle cuff (ZQ014 - Ltd Edition not available to purchase) all from Karen Millen. With Christian Dior Sunglasses & Kurt Geiger "Hero" nude sandals.


You Might Also Like

0 comments