My Evening Attending The Open and Direct Miss Northern Ireland 2014 Belfast Heat!

Sunday, March 09, 2014


One event I look forward to every year is The Open and Direct Miss Northern Ireland Contest, and after attending its glamorous launch at the SS Nomadic I couldn't wait to attend the opening Belfast heat, held in the stylish surroundings of 21 Social!

The Belfast heat is always a glamorous affair and is the perfect opportunity for me to catch up with friends, whilst supporting this years entrants as they embark upon their Miss Northern Ireland journey! The competition itself is a wonderful mentorship for any girl wishing to enter into the modelling industry, and as each of the 21 entrants walked the red carpet catwalk I couldn't help but wonder who would be crowned this years Miss Belfast and Miss 21 Social!

Arriving at the Miss NI Belfast Heat!
Photograph taken by Brendan Gallagher.


Couldn't resist walking the Miss NI red carpet!

A quick snap kindly taken by Brendan of myself with Gemma Louise Dargan!

Pete Snodden was our wonderful host for the evenings proceedings, and I loved hearing him interviewing each of the girls, giving both audience and judges a chance to get to get to know the entrants better! Next up was their catwalk walks, and a chance for me to check out their glam ensembles! As always the Belfast heat really set the bar, and with so many stunning entrants I was glad I didn't have the difficult task of narrowing the selection down to the final seven finalists!

This year's current Miss Northern Ireland Meagan Green judging this year's entrants!

While the judges deliberated over who would win the coveted titles of Miss Belfast and Miss 21 Social, audience members were treated to a mini catwalk show, featuring current Miss Northern Ireland, Meagan Green, and last years runners ups Anna Henry and Emma Ward! Each of the girls were wearing amazing dresses from Lisburn Road boutique Blush, while their makeup was expertly applied by the wonderful Paddy McGurgan, and their hair perfectly styled by my hairstylist Denise McCluskey, Owner of Michéle International!!

Current Miss Northern Ireland, Meagan Green, with last years runners ups Anna Henry and Emma Ward.

Then it was time to hear who had been chosen as the overall winners.......a hush descended over the room.......and I was delighted to hear that Leanna Owens was to be Miss Belfast while Miss 21 Social was Hanna Wasson! Both girls will now be heading to the glamorous grand finale at the historic Europa Hotel on Monday 12th May, which will be an amazing experience for them both!

Miss Belfast Leanna Owens & Miss 21 Social Hanna Wasson!

As for myself, well I couldn't resist dressing up for the occasion and as both stripes and blue are hot for this season I opted for another stylish and sexy bandage body con dress that combined both these trends from Karen Millen!! Accessories wise I wore one of my favourite necklaces, a stunning silver tassel necklace by Links of London from their "Raindance" range, and Swarovski encrusted acrylic cuffs from Karen Millen! Last but by no means least I wore a pair of skyscraper peep toe platform sandals with Lace appliqué by New Look!

Graphic bandage dress (KJ085) from Karen MIllen, Sterling silver "Raindance" necklace from Links of London, Tropical cuff in blue (ZL062) & white (ZJ003) both from Karen Millen & Lace appliqué platform peep toe sandals from New Look.

I also decided to try my hand at a little videography and filmed and edited together a video of the eveninfs proceedings! I hope you enjoy watching it!



I always have such a fun time at the regional Miss NI heats and for anyone who is interested in entering, there are various regional heats throughout Northern Ireland, visit www.missnorthernireland.co.uk for more details!

Unless otherwise stated all photographs very kindly provided by Stephen Potter and a massive thank you to Alison Clarke for the invite to attend the event!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous photographs Lou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! All down to the talents of photographers Stephen Potter for providing me with his photos of the night & Brendan Gallagher for his social photos!

      Delete