Style Diaries: Day 1 "Cutting It" at West Coast Cooler BelfastFASHIONWEEK!

Friday, March 11, 2016

Welcome to my Style Diaries from all my fashionable goings on at West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK! From covering the catwalk shows to attending WCCFW workshops and writing my Style Watch column for Belfast Times it’s been crazy but equally lots of fun too!

So if you want to know the styling inspiration behind each of my looks from FASHIONWEEK then keep reading!


Day 1 of FASHIONWEEK began bright and early as I was attending a special series of “Cutting It” workshops organised by LW Creative Consulting with thanks to WCCFW. It was a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a desire to work  within the fashion industry to get an unique insight into what it takes to make it from some of our country’s most accomplished fashion professionals.

I opted to attend the morning session which included talks by Róisín Murphy former buyer for Selfridges and Burberry; Steven Simpson: Rio & Brazil/Mr & Mrs Stitch.com; Designer Karishma Kursurkar; Ricky Woodside: photographer and creative director of 10Ten Magazine; designer Gráinne Maher and owner of Vault Boutique & Lewis Robert Cameron: fashion journalist and founder of Beyond Man Magazine.

Even for someone such as myself who has been immersed in this world for some time I found the talks hugely informative and would certainly recommend them to anyone who has an interest in working within the fashion industry!

The workshops took place at the Gasworks and while I was there I took the opportunity to grab some street style shots with Adrian Quinn as it was THE perfect backdrop to showcase my look for Day 1 at FASHIONWEEK!


As it was a daytime event I went for a dressed down look, opting to work seasonal pastels contrasting with lots of textures: chiffons, leather and tweed to give the look a modern twist!

Mixing high end with low end, I took a simple chiffon Paisley patterned dress from Primark and added a deliciously butter soft leather obi belt from Rio/Brazil to give the dress shape and show off my tiny waist!

Next I channeled my inner Coco Chanel by pairing it with a super cute tweet fringed cropped jacket from Karen Millen, perfect for my petite frame and gave it a little nod to Chanel with my diamanté brooch!

Sticking with my love of all things designer I went all out with accessories! I do love my designer shades and these all black versions from Balenciaga are super chic! Next to bring out the blues in my dress I opted for my Gucci jacquard GG scarf, while my tresaured Chloé mini “Paddington” handbag perfectly complimented the neutral tones of my outfit!



Jewellery wise as always I was wearing my Gucci Diamond G watch, Rachel Galley Allegro star friendship bracelet and diamond tennis bracelet, while my other wrist was adorned with my latest acquisition, a gorgeous “Return To Tiffany” Tiffany & Co bead bracelet!

Such an effortless look which I always love to wear, I think a girl can never go wrong with a classic tweed jacket, and when it comes to elevating a look to that next level always invest your money into your accessories!

Karen Millen fringed tweed jacket (JV061).
Balenciaga sunglasses (BAL 0111/S 807BN).
Chanel diamanté brooch.
Gucci petrol blue GG jacquard scarf.
Primark paisley patterned chiffon dress.
Leather obi belt Belfast Rio/Brazil.
Tiffany & Co. bead bracelets.
Chloé mini Paddington handbag with matching padlock keyring charm.
New Look nude cross t-bar strap platform heels.


Photographs taken in collaboration with Adrian Quinn Photography.

You Might Also Like

0 comments